Tuesday, July 23, 2013

‘Arrest me, if you can’: Gilani


ISLAMABAD, : Former Prime Minister (PM) Yusuf Raza Gilani has said that he has come to Islamabad by himself because it was being said that Punjab government is not cooperating in his arrest.
Talking to media on Tuesday on the occasion of meeting between Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and other opposition parties about presidential election he said that, “I have come to Islamabad by my self, and if someone wants to arrest me he can do it. It will also save the expenses”, he added.
Former PM said that he would not produce himself in front of any institution; he defended the immunity of President Asif Ali Zardari and will also fully
defend himself, the former PM added.
“ Only parliament has the authority to summon me,” he concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment